Useful Suggestion On Where To Find Freelance Writing Jobs Online
Freelance work offers amateur workers an opportunity to establish themselves and gain experience. With writing, there are endless amounts of jobs that require the work of a freelance writer. The Internet is one of the best resources you have to find potential jobs and connect with prospective clients. Be weary of where to find your freelance work, though, as the internet is filled with schemes and traps that you can easily fall victim to. Do not let yourself get taken advantage of; here are some suggestions on where you should look for freelance work online:
- Writing service: Writing services do not only exist in physical format. Several services have online pages where writers can join and speak to other professionals. Join any forums or online communities that are pertinent to your field, as it is very possible to find available work this way or meet clients who are seeking independent workers.
- Network: Even social media can help you network, though this is not the most recommended method of connecting with professionals. Any peers or friends who are somehow connected to the writing field, should be contacted.
- Reintroduce yourself to them if you do not know them very well, and let them know that you are seeking independent work. It is very likely that they need something to be written, or know someone who is in need.
- Ask directly: Many publications and sources often contract independent writers to work for them as necessary. Send an introductory email to any publications you are interested in working with and let them know. Be sure to list any qualifications or degrees you might have, and when possible, provide sample work for them refer to.
- Classifieds: Like any physical newspaper or magazine, many publications are also available online and have a whole section dedicated to classified ads. These ads might reveal clients who are interested in working with a freelance writer, and you can also post an ad promoting your services.
Though there are several places to look for freelance work online, you should always approach things cautiously. Always set up your funding in a third party account, and make sure not to give any personal information to any client – no more than what is necessary, at least. Identity theft is a common problem with work exchanges performed through the Internet, and it is also very common that a client rips you off and does not pay you in full.