Freelance Jobs: What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Working From Home?
Here are some advantages when working from home as a freelancer:
- Advantage #1: You can work from anywhere and do not have to stay in an office or assigned cubicle.
- Advantage #2: You get to work from home and not have to deal with rush hour traffic.
- Advantage #3: You can pick and choose the type of work assignments you will take and complete.
- Advantage #4: You can work on more than one assignment at a time.
- Advantage #5: You can work from more than one boss at a time. You can work with as many clients as you see fit at the same time on different projects.
- Advantage #6: Working from home allows one to meet different individuals from across the globe.
- Advantage #7: Working from home allows one to set their own hours to complete their work.
- Advantage #8: As a freelancer, you are your own boss and can create your own rules regarding work.
- Advantage #9: Can turn down any assignment that you do not feel comfortable doing.
- Advantage #10: In today’s world economy and job market, it is advisable to create your own source of income.
- Advantage #11: Freelance work allows one to create a second source of income for one’s family or a steady source of income.
Here are some disadvantages when working from home as a freelancer:
- Disadvantage #1: You may not get steady work and may not get work for months at a time.
- Disadvantage #2: Sometimes you may not get paid for your work and it may be difficult to try to collect your pay.
- Disadvantage #3: If do not get paid for completed work, it can be difficult to try to sue someone in another state or country.
- Disadvantage #4: Sometimes assignments may end unexpectedly or may not start at all.
- Disadvantage #5: Sometimes it is difficult to work from home because there are too many distractions at home.
- Disadvantage #6: Distractions that one can face when working from home:
- Extended Family.
- Trying to maintain the household.
- Yourself-trying to stay motivated to complete the assignment.